Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, November 28, 2016

Day 79+40 – (AD 1,241) – 19.7 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning even with my scraped-up knees, I pedaled 19.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now are: 26,468.5 miles; 42,597.0 kilometers.



And on Mars I have now only 45.7% of the distance to go to get to my next destination and goal point.

Early morning blood sugar count down another 7 points to 105 mg/dL this morning. I concocted a variation of General Tsao’s Chicken. Didn’t have several of the ingredients for the sauce so I just winged the brew. Wish I had written it down…and taken an image, but it was gone before I even had time to think about the camera. Bottom line made it with Chinese Long Beans and Carrots instead of Broccoli. And I cheated with a box of frozen Chicken Nuggets.

Soapbox -

Can promises be broken? Just asking.



Picture this, (yes, those are my knees), 10:30 at night, me sprawled on the sidewalk, after tripping at a break in the walk. Me laying on the cold hard cement attached to The Pack, (4 leashes), all wondering what to do now. Yes, I have tripped at the same spot at least 6 times. Yes, I have contacted Hillsborough County Public Works on numerous occasions and reported the sidewalk. And that is my blood. And it was my knees, and my palms, and my gut. And the Pack were glad to get home. And Hillsborough County now has pin-up images of my knees.



New quilt update – ES-20 has increased somewhat in size. 12 of 32 strips taking shape.

ES 20 - JS AB

This is my 1,343rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 118,686 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment