Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Day 68+40 – (AD 1,230) – 19.7 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 19.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. Recorded totals: 26,249.2 miles; 42,244.1 kilometers.



On this 68th day on the virtual surface of Mars, I have now cycled 1,347.6 miles. Today I have covered 18.3% of the distance to my next goal and destination point.

And instead of reading anything about past election, the still-in-progress vote count, the possible President-Elect’s transition team I have decided to focus myself on something quite different.

My reading for this morning is from Tech2 and an article “Researchers find that surface of Mars is so dry that it is inhabitable”, 13 Nov 2016.  “Evidence shows that more than three billion years ago Mars was wet and habitable. However, this latest research reaffirms just how dry the environment is today.” said Christian Schroder, Lecturer at the University of Sterling in Britain”.”


A thought for today –



Continuing my genealogy search for the ancestors of my GGG-Grandfather James Smith I received several documents from a friend, with similar pursuits. The documents are images of pages from the 1798 publication of The St. George’s Chronicle and Grenada Gazette. (Thanks, Peter.) Check out my latest inserts and updates to my site A Genealogy Hunt.



Two quilts that Andy and I created in the short past have been presented in a couple of images on social media this weekend. The quilts are Equality and Hope Cures! I am so glad that Andy and I have been privileged to be a part of each of these quilts’ journeys.




You can check out these quilts at our site Quilts SBEquality and Hope Cures!

I think that the essence of the two quilts sort of sums up my feelings as to what is happening today in America today.

This is my 1,332nd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 114,905 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment