Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Day 77+40 – (AD 1,239) – 20.2 Miles – Jim’s Trek Part V – Fighting Diabetes On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I cycled 20.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals: 26,429.0 miles; 42,533.4 kilometers.



And I am now 230.6 miles from my next destination and goal point on the surface of Mars.

This morning my FBS recorded at 115 mg/dL. Adding this new number to my calculation - Average FSB+46.7 divided by 28.7 - my current A1c, on the 90-day average is 5.56%. Yes, I am still in the normal range as the 5.56% is below 5.7%... But just!!!

I’m still not taking any diabetes medication.

I decided to graph out a moving average to see what would happen if I did or did not do anything about my current controls, that is, diet and exercise. As I am exercising on a regular basis, 5/6 days a week for 1 hour but I'm not really doing much more about my diet.  I've actually been eating more than I really should.

The red line basically tells me that if I do not take a hard look at my diet my early morning blood sugar count is going to keep increasing.  And if this is the case there is a possibility that I may have to start taking medication for my diabetes once again. The purple line is apparent; it is the highest my A1c can reach based on the last 90 days.



Obviously, I would like to be focused on the green line.  This translates to me that I need to get control of my diet.

This is my unprofessional way of interpreting my own results. So far I have proven my case when I see my A1c results back in my June timeframe. The purpose of my Trek is to manage my diabetes and to continue to be medication free. Guess what? Looks like I’ve got to make some changes.

Work is moving on with our newest quilt, Quilt-ES, and a picture is worth 1,000 words.



This is my 1,341st post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 118,164 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment