Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, April 3, 2017

Day 162 – (AD 1,324) – 20.1 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 20.1 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now – 28,149.8 miles; 45,302.8 kilometers. I only have 10,051.8 more miles to go.


And I have now, on Mars, completed 23.1% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

Soapbox -

Question – Is this a democracy when one party decides that because they fear losing a majority vote they can change the rules mid-stream?


CNN, Ted Barrett, April 3, 2017

“Neil Gorsuch's nomination to the Supreme Court faces a dramatic week as senators prepare to cast key votes that could splinter the chamber and lead to a divisive rule change imposed by Republicans to ensure they can confirm the judge by Friday.”

Last night’s supper – Chicken Shrimp Curry. Ingredients – Chicken, Shrimp, Red Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Tomato, Tomato Paste, Curry Powder, Salt and Pepper, Long Hot Chili, Coconut Milk, Yogurt, Chicken Broth, Cornstarch, Green Peas, Lima Beans, Cilantro. And all on Cauliflower Rice. I’m a bit shocked at the Cauliflower Rice; a good shock.



Early morning blood sugar dropped 2 points.

Power outage while cooking Gateau au Vin methinks baked up a “sans humidité” cake. Even when covered the cake is drier than I expected. The cake still tastes okay, but just too dry for my liking. So, what do I do to repurpose? I think I am going to transform it into a bread/cake pudding.



Will let you know it works?

For supper tonight I’m going to try a Kartoffel-Bacon-Tarte im Knuspermantel.

And yes, I am going to give some classes in bread-making. It’s been quite some time since I’ve bought store-bread. I suppose I could learn to make tortillas as well.

If you get a chance this coming weekend our two quilts – Memorial to Dag Hammarskjöld and Sonia Delaunay will be on display at MQX – New England, April 5th through 8th at The Center of NH/Radisson Hotel, Manchester, New Hampshire.

Memorial to Dag Hammarskjöld
JS AB - 2016

Sonia Delaunay
JS AB - 2016

Also, our ES20 will be up for silent auction at the Equality Florida St. Pete Gala April 15th at the Mahaffey Theater, 400 1st S, St. Petersburg, Florida.

ES20
JS AB - 2017

This is my 1,427th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 160,549 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment