Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Day 178 – (AD 1,340) – 20.6 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 20.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals now stand at 28,477.9 miles; 45,830.8 kilometers.



I have also completed 36.9% of the distance to my next destinations and goal points.

And today I determined that my glucose meter, the one I got before Christmas has been off all this time. It has been driving me crazy and as I am anal about my numbers one can only imagine the confusion within my gray matter.

I discovered that the meter was off by about 16%. I’ve adjusted my FSB, A1c, and eAG numbers accordingly. All-things-being-equal my early morning blood sugar count this morning was 108 mg/dL. My A1c calculates out to 5.50% and my eAG to 111.0. I can sigh a sigh of relief.

I know that with the numbers being screwed up since December 15, 2016, I have been going stir-crazy as I haven’t done anything to change my exercise routine or my diet regime. There is still an upward trend in my FSB but I can now manage the future results with a correct meter. And yes, the two meters that I used were both made by the same company.

And speaking of supper, last night I made Hopping John Risotto and Shrimp Salad Rémoulade – Recipes from Healthy Cooking For Two by Frances Price, RD, Rodale, 1995.


My FSB dropped 26 points from the day before to 108 mg/dL.

Soapbox –

According to MarketWatch, April 25, 2017, “Unusual full Senate briefing to be held by White House on North Korea”, Robert Schroeder.

“The Trump administration is preparing to brief all 100 senators this week on the situation in North Korea, as President Donald Trump calls the country a “real threat to the world” and confers with the leaders of China, Japan and Germany.
The unusual full-Senate briefing is scheduled for Wednesday, according to reports, and comes after Trump criticized North Korea’s “continued belligerence” in a phone call with President Xi Jinping of China on Sunday. In a separate call with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday, Trump discussed “the urgent security challenge posed by North Korea,” the White House said.”

Anything yet?

This is my 1,443rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 168,618 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment