Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Day 163 – (AD 1,325) – 20.1 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I truly did not, once I was on my Schwinn 170 continuing pedaling. I truly thought I was getting old. But I did pedal another 20.1 miles in my allotted 1 hour time limit. My totals now are at 28,169.9 miles; 45,335.1 kilometers.



And I have thus far completed 3,268.3 miles of my Part V Trek, on Mars. I have pedaled 31.8 % of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

Yes, I know this is boring, just as my fingers.

Soapbox –

Beginning to become more and more boring as the days continue. Have we become a nation of anticipators as we wait for #45’s subsequent and dumbass moves?

The problem with this boredom is that this Executive Administration may to do something so dasdardly and disconcerting, that we as a people will be too devoid of anger and outrage.

This is a once in my lifetime gonna make recipe - Kartoffel-Bacon-Tarte im Knuspermantel. Translated Potato-Bacon Tart in Crispy Coat.




Ingredients seemed very simple – 24 oz. (2 -12oz packages) of Center Cut Bacon; 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes; 2 cups of shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese; and Salt and Pepper. 2 ½ hours at 380 ˚ F in the oven. And yes, I drained the rendered bacon fat.



And I do like the translated description provided by the chef at Lecker Schmecker– http://www.leckerschmecker.me/im-knuspermantel/

“The yawning emptiness in the middle of your belly has surely turned into the exact opposite after consuming this rich meal. It is quite possible that you are now in the fodder comedy and for a while are not able to stand up. After a long digestion there is then the next decent portion.”

It was rich and I really did like it. Positive point, my FBS dropped 3 points…but that still has some ways to go.

And dessert was a repurposing of the Gateau au Vin I made a couple of days ago, that seemed to dry out too quickly after the power went out while it was in the oven. I made a Gateau au Vin Chocolate Bread Pudding with Vanilla Icing.



This is my 1,428th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 160,937 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment