Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Day 174– (AD 1,336) – 20.3 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Evening,

This morning I pedaled 20.3 miles on my Schwinn 170. totals update – 23,394.1 miles; 45,696.0 kilometers.


I have now completed 16.4% of the distance to my next destinations.

According to an article by Leah Wynalek in Prevention, “6 Foods You’re Buying That Are Secret Sugar Bombs” (April 10, 2017)

I guess I bomb out on 4 of the 6. And I thought that snacking on Deli meats was a way to not worry about my glucose count. All-in-all this article has had me thinking about the 6 food items in a whole new light. I do appreciate her alternative thoughts, (not facts), for substitutions.

Our 3 quilts - Apollo 1, The Beginning; Betwixt and Between; and Cosmo's Moon 2.5 will be on display with 176 other quilts of the "Fly Me to the Moon" collection at the Wing It Quilt Show, June 2-4, 2017 at the Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly, Virginia.


All three are presented at our site Quilts SB - https://quiltsb.blogspot.com/. Scroll down any page to see their story. Click on the "Q" number to link to their page.

I won a 3rd place gift certificate toward the purchase of a Garden Tower 2. And yes, I bought one.


This contraption stands about 4-feet tall, will hold about 50 plants, it rotates, has a worm farm and compost container. It is conservant on the use of water. It took me about 1/2- an hour to put it together, and well documented on YouTube. Many positive reviews, especially about organic growing in small space.

Next steps - get dirt, worms, start the compost, and decide on plants.

This is my 1,439th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 166,469 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment