Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day 343 – (AD 773) – 22.2 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – On My Soapbox On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Orchids and Amaryllises are blooming. Some are just waiting to burst open.
 


Today I pedaled another 22.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. Grand totals - 16,032.7 miles; 25,802.2 kilometers.

And I have another 538 miles to go to get to my next destination and goal point in Australia.


My virtual journey, that's the fantasy part of this crazy Trek, has me located in the middle of nowhere...even though it is somewhere, according to Google Maps. I am located on the Plenty Highway and I am headed in a north-easterly direction, I think.



Not making any excuses, but today is a soapbox day.

Is there a certain age that, and I must not have a choice, that one eventually reaches when one becomes crotchety and cantankerous? I certainly wasn’t born crotchety and cantankerous…  But then again I must, because of my age, chose to become crotchety and cantankerous.

Here’s a bit to note.

Monitoring my turned on PC this morning I opened up Google Maps in preparation of getting on with my morning routine. In about 1 hour, my ADBlock app on Google Maps blocked 14 ads. Just think, that’s like silencing 14 telephone calls of unsolicited sales and whatever. AdBlock is a free extension for Chrome and available at the Chrome Web Store.

Question - Why is it that some persons who for all intents and purposes are book-smart enter into politics and then reveal that they are so bloody out-and-out stupid?

Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice.

Shall we ask Evelyn Ntoko Mase, Winifred Nomzamo Zanyiwe Madikizela, and Graça Machel?

Question – Why does Lakeland in Polk County, Florida seem to attract the dregs of criminal society?

Lakeland Police Release New Details in Fatal Shooting of Rape Suspect (Stephanie Allen, The Ledger.com, March 3, 2015)

And this is not an singular nor isolated incident. Let the finger-pointing and blame-calling begin. Is it a game of positioning?

Technical issues suspend some computer-based testing for 8th-10th grade in Florida 


Two days testing. The key word is “TESTING”.

 “Commissioner Stewart is looking into any reported issues to determine the cause and will work to immediately resolve it," the Florida Department of Education said in a statement.”

Hell didn't anyone in government and administration learn from the HealthCare fiasco. Oh I forgot. This is Florida. Period.

How do we survive in spite of ourselves?  And Florida has made it this far; 170 years, as a "viable" State of the United States of America?

We finished our final stencil for our new quilt Equality.  Thank you Keith Haring. Follow our progress and work at Quilts SB.


This is my 823rd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 62,586 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment