Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 364 – (AD 794) – 22.2 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Cough, Cough On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

I pedaled 22.2 miles this morning on my Schwinn 170. My totals are 16,495.1 miles or 26,546.4 kilometers.

I have now completed 75.06% of my Australian Trek and 66.24 % of my overall goal. I just keep cycling…and keep thinking that I’m crazy. Just wish that I could reduce my “elder statesman’s” gut.


And yes I am still on the dirt road, somewhere in Queensland, Australia traveling on the Gregory Downs-Camooweal Road. From the satellite picture I can see that I am running parallel, just about, south of the Gregory River. There are 80.4 more miles for me to go to get to my next destination and goal point.

The cybercriminals are, they do not appear to be, they are increasing in numbers and frequency …and I mean I think they have targeted my land-line. And it is always the same bloody damn shtick, “Meester Smith puleese? I am calling from Microsoft Service.” Microsoft DOES NOT initiate “cold calls”. I have even had one false representative rattle off a bogus reference case number.

Microsoft at their Safety & Security Center state in bold

Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

I immediately threatened to call the authorities. She, yes it was a she this time, hung up. The telephone number that registered on my phone was “Unavailable 47-203-151-6369”. 

When I re-dialed the number I received a busy signal. The “47” is the Country Code for Norway. The remainder of the number does not appear to be a Norwegian configuration. The “203” is a code that covers the southwestern part of Connecticut. Of course when I tried to call-back, each of a number of possible combinations I received a busy signal. I submitted a Scam report immediately to Microsoft quoting the telephone number and time of day.

Well my early morning blood sugar count just hit 92 mg/dL. According to WebMd “A normal sugar level is less than 100 mg/dL after not eating (fasting) for at least 8 hours.” So I made it again. And I dropped off by 37 mg/dL since yesterday. Oh and by the way unless there was something wrong with my meter I ate reasonably well up to about 10:00 pm last night.


I had bowl of Conch Chowder, I had Chicken and Basmati Rice, Potato Kale Curry, a side of spicy Garbanzo Beans, an Egg-Salad sandwich, 1 ½ Jamaican Patties, two scoops of Chocolate Ice-Cream and a whole bag of Special K Cracker Chips. I certainly don’t think I starved myself. And I am still not taking any of my prescribed diabetes medications. I have gone 617 days without any of the meds, since July 18, 2013.


The quilting of our new Chopsticks may be done. Now the binding to be added. Follow updates at Quilts SB - http://quiltssb.com.


This is my 846th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 64,893 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment