Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day 355 – (AD 785) – 22.1 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Diamantina Developmental Road On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled 22.1 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals are now – 16,297.1 miles; 26,227.7 kilometers.


I am now located headed north on Diamantina Developmental Road in Queensland. I cycled to the “X” on the above inserted map. The green route is the Diamantina Developmental Road. And the image below from Google Maps was taken about April 2008.


And according to my calculations I have about 27% of my journey remaining on the continent of Australia. To date, as a measure of Jim’s Trek Part III I have completed 7,680.0 miles; 12,359.8 kilometers.


Just taking it easy today. Forgot my annual reporting, not the tax ones the other papers, and am now trying to get them done. If I do not have a date, an item or appointment on my Calendar I can almost guarantee that I will forget and/or not remember it. The days of cerebral remembering are long time gone.




Reported January 20, 2015 – Per Scott Powers in the Orlando Sentinel 

“Gov. Rick Scott on Tuesday proposed a $470 million cut to a state tax that consumers pay on cellphones, land lines and TV services.

The Governor's Office said a family spending $100 a month on cellphones and cable or satellite TV would save about $43 annually from the reduction… Scott's tax-cutting proposals are coming at a time when state legislators are expected to have a budget windfall of about $1 billion even after paying for increased school enrollment and setting aside money for reserves.

But Scott also has promised to increase per-student funding in the state's public schools. There will likely be a push to boost spending on the state's prison system and environmental programs.”

And then yesterday, March 17, 2015, Brandon Larrabee of the News Service of Florida reported as found on SaintPetersBlog by Peter Schorsch

“House budget writers unveiled an education spending plan … that would provide public schools with almost $47 less per student than Scott proposed, and a key senator said his chamber was also unlikely to meet the governor’s number when a Senate blueprint is released.

The two developments cast increasing doubt on one of Scott’s chief priorities only two weeks into the 60-day legislative session. … The difference would amount to almost $78.3 million less statewide than Scott’s proposal. …”

So if I do a quick math calculation, cell phone users in the State will receive an annual reimbursement of $43 on one hand but on the other hand funding for each Florida student will be reduced by $47. Where did the $4 go? Is this an example of the new Common Core curriculum or is this, Governor Scott, the classic example of robbing Peter to pay Paul to rob everyone else?


This is my 837th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 64,195 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment