Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 25 ¾ +++ – (AD 930 ¾ +++) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Not On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

I forgot to write up my stats of my Trek and journey on the last day of August. As most of you know I am sort of laid up with a thing stitched on my foot-bottom. Sort of makes it a wee bit hard to pedal my Schwinn 170.

Actually my surgeon explicitly stated that I would not be cycling until after he removes the stitches on September 8th. So there goes the early morning habit of cycling. And of course as the reality ceases, my virtual journey takes a break. Of course I could allow my imagination fabricate a journey of cycling in the southern parts of Spain but hell I would be defeating the actual purpose of getting in my real exercise.

Just read a statement in search for an answer to my question - Is stationary cycling considered cardio exercise?

 "According to the Centers for Disease Control, healthy adults should get at least two and a half hours of moderate aerobic activity each week or one and a quarter hour of intense aerobic activity a week. If you're exercising to maintain your health, 30 minutes of aerobic activity a day is sufficient...

If I am averaging about 1 hour and 15 minutes every day, excepting the past and forth-coming week, I guess I am exceeding the CDC's expectations of "moderate aerobic activity". And hell I am doing it for myself. Only myself, and I tell you that I feel one heck of a lot better when I do.

Here are my recorded stats as of my 930th day of pedaling on my Schwinn Fitness cycles.

Location – Home, Tampa, Florida
Virtual Location – Niebla, Spain
Start Date – 2 December 2012
Today's Date – 3 Sep 2015
Trek Distance – Today 00.0 miles
Trek Distance Part I – 4,257.1 miles
Trek Distance Part II – 4,360.0 miles
Trek Distance Part III – 10,362.4 miles
Trek Distance Part IV – 910.7 miles
Grand Total Miles – 19,555.4
Miles to Go to complete goal – 21.5 %
Avg. Miles per Day – 21.0
Calories Burned Today – 0
Number of Sit-ups Today – 0 (I really have to get back to this)
Weight –167.2 lbs; Total Loss – 11.5 lbs
BMI – 23.0
Fat – 18.9%
Belly Measurement – 32”; Total Loss – 12”
Blood Sugar - 92 mg/dL
A1c – 5.00%
eAG – 96.9 mg/dL
Blood Pressure – 123/70
Age – 63 yrs, 8 mths

My early morning blood sugar has been averaging 94.45 mg/dL, when I am not cycling.  This morning it jumped 12 points because I was extremely lazy last night and I just took out four boxes of those frozen pre-packaged food stuffs and threw them into the oven.  (Not the boxes, the contents.)

The assortment included: Gorton's Fish Sticks; Target Macaroni & Cheese Bites; Target Chicken & Cheese Taquitos; and Target Mozzarella Sticks. I told you I was bored. And bloody lazy. Of course for dessert I had me a slice of cold Smith Bread Pudding. Bloody good. I made the Bread Pudding using left-over Target brand hot dog slash Bratwurst buns.

Did I mention that there is a Target store just around the corner from my house?

I'm thinking about making something for supper tonight with the following - Zucchini, Onions, Fire Roasted Tomatoes, and Pasta.

Well that's it for the exercise and the food.

And I think that there is something about the media that loves the slash and burn stories of supposed controversy and hypocrisy. The media is actually giving, in my opinion, to many multiples of the focused 15-minutes of fame to the inconsequential and martyr-seeking Kentucky clerk. I would like to know more about something else.

Just take the 2016 Presidential Statement of Candidacy (FEC Form 2) for example. The site located at http://www.fec.gov/press/resources/2016presidential_form2nm.shtml, and if I understand it correctly, lists that 1,020 persons, real and pseudo-real, have filed as candidates. Well I suppose there needs to be a "real" job for some petty government bureaucrat to earn his/her tax-paid, by me and you, salary sorting through the real and bogus and not-so-real candidates.

Hell, I could list the Octopus as the first possible REAL alien to run for the Office and 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

So much for my thoughts this morning. I only have six more days to wait on my bottom before I can get back on my Schwinn 170.

Whatever your day looks like try to find some humor in whatever and with whomever you chance upon. Enjoy your day with some laughter...even if it is with those damn cats (this one if for LD) on YouTube.

Count-down begins to the arrival of Grandson #2.

Enjoy and be healthy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment