Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Day 40 – (AD 945) – 22.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Granada On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

The morning I pedaled 22.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals – 19,893.4 miles; 32,015.4 kilometers.

And I made it to my next destination and goal point, Granada.

This was a must as my father and my paternal line have been traced from Grenada. Not Granada, Grenada. It took me a while to understand the difference between the two places, and the two spellings. Granada is in Spain. Grenada is the island country in the eastern Caribbean. Period.



I am now located at Camino de Ronda at the Rio Genil. I think I could move here…on a dime.

My next destination and goal point is about 108 miles, sort of to the south.

My early morning blood sugar registered in at 110 mg/dL.  It's 10 points above the recommended top of the normal level.  Got to do something.  I'm still not taking any meds but it looks like I've got to avoid the late-nite snacks like the half-bag of Greektown Gyro flavored Lays potato chips I had last night.

My #36 Loaf of No-Knead à la Sourdough is out of the oven. It looks like a connection to the plant-eating dinosaur recently found in Alaska. I know I forget to follow the advice of the author to knead the proofed loaf for 10 minutes. Something to do with the gluten needed work when there is wild versus domesticated yeast. Looks like I’ll be following that procedure with #37.

And it definitely has that sourdough taste.



This is my 1,012th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 77,192 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment