Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, September 28, 2015

Day 43 - (AD 948) - 23.3 Miles - Jim's Trek Part IV - Still Congested On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled on my Schwinn 170 for 23.3 miles. Totals – 19,961.1 miles; 32,124.3 kilometers. Almost, almost.



This morning I am back on the road, actually N-340a, at 18770 Albuñol, Granada in Spain. According to Google Maps I am headed in a northeast direction

What would we do today without our dial-tones, our rings, our chirps, our fancy 5-note classical piece entrance? Have we become so, so narcissistic, and telecommunication-dependent that we, each one of us, feels that we are that important. And then it becomes even more ridiculous when there are a land-land, a cell-phone line, maybe two cell-lines in a home, a number attached to an iPad or a PC...


Do you jump every time your landline or your cell phones screams at you?  Do you jump every time the identical sound chimes in the same room, when someone has chosen the same ringing alert?  Do you interrupt your human conversation to answer the damn phone. Hell what happened to peace and quiet?

And do you complain that you are getting too, too many unsolicited calls?  Who made you that important?  Who decided that you have to only communicate electronically?  Aren't we the creators of our own infirmity concerning electronic media?

Enough of my screeching.  I'm not answering my bloody phone if I DO NOT NEED to.  Period. Exclamation mark! 


No-Knead Loaf #38 out of the oven. Ingredients – ½ cup Sourdough Starter; 3 cups Bread Flour; 1 teaspoon Salt; just over 1 ½ cups of Water. That’s it. I did write earlier that I attempted to cycle when there were no food cooking odors in the house, but now, the house smells like a bakery. And so I decided that I can work the baking of my No-Knead Bread while I am on my cycle. Hell yes, I take a quick pause to change temperature on the oven and take the bread out. Don’t want to burn the house down…Schwinn or no Schwinn.

This is my 1,016th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 77,389 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment