Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 40 - (AD 470) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.2 Miles – Still in Victoria, Australia On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Well I got back on my Schwinn 170 this morning and I cycled 21.2 miles. I have now cycled a total of 169.6 miles on my new Schwinn 170. On the combination of the 150 and 170 I have pedaled a total of 9,469.8 miles, 15,240.2 kilometers.


This morning I am still located on the Western/National Highway in Victoria, Australia. I am approximately pinpointed by the Deep Lead North West Bushland Reserve and I just passed the Canadian Gully Bushland Reserve.

Finally found a local Chinese restaurant close to my home that will deliver. For a small delivery charge, of course. I really haven’t found one that is actually great, cuisine-wise. Just fair to middling. And I could electronically order online. The online part is great, especially in light of the fact that sometimes a two-way phone conversation involves either party continually having to say “could you repeat that?” The order arrived and as I was checking I pulled out the attached receipt. What a shock?

I speak three languages and I can work my way through Latin text… I have lived in Québec, and in other parts of Canada. I lived in Puerto Rico, and in La Republica Dominicana. I never thought that I would ever see in central Florida a bilingual cash receipt. Well and honestly, I did expect to see an inclusive one of English and Spanish at some time in the future. But I never expected a receipt in my mother tongue and traditional Chinese.

Question – If Florida’s aged population is increasing, of which I am quickly becoming a member, is it of good judgment that the Florida Legislature is considering a companion piece to the contentious “stand your ground” law? Yup, the Yahoos are considering enacting a law that will allow one to fire a warning shot if you figure your life is being threatened. First of all, I am not as steady in the hand. Second my tri-focals have to keep changing every year. And sometimes I just can’t remember where I’ve put my keys. So I can picture myself firing a warning shot…and, oh well I thought it was a warning shot. I warned, I closed my eyes, and I shot, in that direction. Damn, I missed. Sorry…and I don’t own a gun.

And we are revealing our first of our H series quilts and wall hangings, H-1. The top to H-2 has been completed. The design for H-3 is on the board.


If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment