Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 46 - (AD 476) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.3 Miles – South Australia, Australia On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


This morning, another 21.3 miles on my Schwinn 170. And I now can chalk up 9,596.9 miles, 15,444.7 kilometers in 476 days.

My Fat percentage is at 19.9%. Again that is okay for me, but I think I have to now set sights on my eating habits to try and get to my desired goal of 17.0%.

Today on my virtual Trek I have crossed the States’ line from Victoria to South Australia. I am still on the National Highway, which now has a new name in South Australia, Dukes Highway. (I am beginning to understand that there may not be as many rural roads in Australia as there are in the United States. Of course, I can be wrong.) Bordertown is the next town on my route. Population is about 2,600. It is known for its white kangaroos. (Image from an artist known as Hotburrito2.) I now have about 180 miles to go to get to my next destination and goal point.

I’m writing my update considerably late this afternoon, even though I finished my cycling this morning. I decided to go the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg. My first visit and I just wanted to see the Warhol exhibition before it ended. The museum was crowded…and I mean crowded.

Two things really took me for a loop. On display, and currently on loan was Dali’s Santiago el Grande. Talk about déjà vue. I did not have any previous clue that this masterpiece would be at the Dali Museum here in St. Petersburg. I was immediately transported back to my life in Fredericton in the 1970s and to the number of times I had been in awe in its presence while I gazed at it at the Beaverbrook Art Gallery. It is currently on loan from the Beaverbrook until September.

The other "piece of art" that I was taken aback was what appeared to be a hat on the pinnacle of a docent’s head. And sure enough when I Googled for an image of a “Shoe hat” up popped up the same shoe hat, one and the same, and the docent is Janice. (I was sort of expecting to see Lady Gaga around each corner.)

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment