Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 53 - (AD 483) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.1 Miles – I Continue on Old Prince’s Highway, South Australia On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 another 21.1 miles, and today I did that in 1 hour and 8 minutes. I can calculate that I have completed about 10.8% of my complete Trek III journey. (This is only the Australia part.). And this is my 23rd day on my new Schwinn 170.


This morning I passed, on the Old Prince’s Highway, through Kanmantoo in South Australia. The population of the Locality of Kanmantoo is just over 700. I am now located about 32 miles from my 4th destination and goal of my virtual trip in Australia. Since I began Jim’s Trek III in Australia I have now cycled 1,128.4 miles, 1,816.0 kilometers.

I had to look about some detail about and who the Prince’s Highway was named. It was named when the pre-existing roads were renamed “Prince’s Highway” after the 1920 visit to Australia by the Prince of Wales who later became King Edward VIII and then after abdicating, the Duke of Windsor. All-things-being-equal it is a more scenic and leisurely route than the main highways.

April is on track and on this 21st day I have now written my 21st day of my morning pages. And according to the tracking at 750words.com I have completed a 187 day streak. All told, since I began recording, I have writen a total of 218,460 words in 286 days since I began last July. And today’s HuffPost article “A Conversation with Julia Cameron about Channeling Your Creativity” explains this part of my daily routine.

Blood sugar this morning, sans Chocolate Covered Strawberry milkshake without whipped cream, is down 18 points to 108. That is good. Now I need to drop it another 8+ points to get myself back on track. My mantra is now, and I will keep repeating to myself, “No more diabetes meds”.


Why is it that the Auto-Voicebot who answers the phone and states that my telephone conversation will be and is being recorded never say “Wait a minute you already said that”?  Should not the accredited “expert” and “responsible” representative, or human counterpart, have reviewed the recorded conversation so that I should have to repeat my story and issue for the umpteenth time?

My bank hiccuped on another electronic paper payment that I had warehoused for delivery on March 31st. You would think that there would be a coordination of systems especially after I had initiated correction proceedings previously. I wasted too, too much time this morning having to repeat myself again, and again. Too many departments concerned with the same details, each reading a different line of the recorded details, that is, if they even listen to the recorded particulars.

The kaleidoscopes have been positioned on H-3. Definitely a hell of a difference. Andy is sewing and appliqueing them on. I am working on the design of the quilting. It truly is very different than anything we have done to date.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment