Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 58 - (AD 488) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.0 Miles – Copper Coast Highway, South Australia On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning on my Schwinn 170 I cycled 21.0 miles. So far in Jim’s Trek III I have cycled 1,234.3 miles. (I would have something to think about if the numbers had been 1,234.5.) To date, from December 2, 2012, I have cycled on my Schwinn stationary bicycles 9,851.4 miles, 15,854.3 kilometers.

Oh and Radar, aka Ready, is constantly monitoring my cycling Trek. I know that he hears every spin and whir with those ears of his.

The nice thing about taking a virtual trip is that I can change my direction in opposition of the PC programming whenever I wish. It does mean that this thing has become a part of my daily routine but has not complete absolved me of making decisions. This morning I decided that I did not want to keep following the National Highway to the immediate north. At just past Port Wakefield I took a left turn on to the Copper Coast Highway. I am now headed in a north westerly direction.


I am now east of the Town of Paskeville, population about 480. Paskeville is known for hosting the biennial Yorke Peninsula Field Days. This event is supposedly the oldest in Australia and one of the biggest for exhibiting farm machinery. Yorke Peninsula is one of South Australia’s most popular holiday destinations.

Oh and I just realized that I made a gaffe yesterday on Day 57 (AD 487). The road images that I have been travelling on my virtual Trek have landscapes that look so, so similar that I mistakenly set Day 56’s image for Day 57. I made the correction. But the roads and the landscape still look the same and somewhat…mind-numbing.

When does I plus XVI equal XXIII plus II? And is Pope Francis the ‘Cold-Call Pope’? Have you received your Pope-call today?


Here are two images from different angles of our quilting to our new H-2 quilt and wall hanging.



Fringe is definitely the type of cycling companion that I need. As I cycle I do not pay any attention to the time that I've set myself. My Schwinn 170 takes care of that. I am, what I think, totally absorbed with trying to understand what and where the hell I am in relationship to the Fringe series. Is it within which of the two universes? Is it at what point of time? Is there a combination of the two multi-verses? Is there a new one? Is there a combination of fast-forward, present, and flash-back? My mind is completely befuddled but I’ve got to keep watching. I am now watching the 71st episode.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment