Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 43 - (AD 473) – Jim's Trek Part III – 20.7 Miles – Still in Australia On My Schwinn 150 and 170

Good Day,

This morning I felt great getting on my Schwinn 170. And yes this sounds like a "down pat commerical" for a stationary bike, but I now know that this exercise is a part of my daily routine. Hell I've got to kept doing it if I want to reach my goal of 10,000 pedalled miles. And today I pedalled another 20.7 miles. My total now stands at 9,533.4 miles, 15,342.5 kilometers.

Today I am located on the Western/National Highway. I am located somewhere between the towns of Dimboola, population about 1,670, and Nhill, population about 2,280. Not a lot of people around this area of the country.


Reading today from Julia Cameron’s 2006 Finding Water, I am immediately stunned at the synchronicity with her and with her beginning words. Ms. Cameron writes where I am today.

 "I was fifty-four years old when I finally began taking piano lessons. All through my forties I had bought the excuse that I was too old to start something new. Then one day it occurred to me that I would age whether I knew piano or not and that I might respect myself more as the world's oldest novice than as someone who stayed blocked and yearning."

Thank you Pat Girabaldi.

Today I celebrate the safety pin. Yes, today is International Safety Pin Day. And just think what would we do without these not so insignificant gadgets.


Just wondering about the phenomenon of "selfies".  I stumbled upon the story of a young man who was so obsessed with trying to get a "perfect selfie" that he was recorded as taking about 200 shots of himself daily that he attempted suicide because he may have believed that he had failed.  And both parents are mental health professionals.  The article "Are you a Sick Selfie Addict..."

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment