Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 184 – (AD 614) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.5 Miles – A Nowhere Man on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled another 22.5 miles. I have now pedaled on my Schwinn 150 and 170 12,572.2 miles; 20,233.0 kilometers. I have added an additional 3,955.1 miles since I started Jim’s Trek III.

And this one is going to be a slowly increasing percentage to my ultimate goal. Today I have now cycled 50.49% of that one.

I am still located in Western Australia… and all I can think about is The Beatles song “Nowhere Man”. I know I am somewhere but this virtual trip through the Australian outback does not generate a vision of the franchise by the same name.

Something for consideration – “God’s Wife Edited Out of the Bible – Almost”. I just discovered, as I intermittently search the web for whatever might catch my eye, this article by Jennifer Viegas dated November 27, 2012 on the Discovery News site.

Yahweh-Asherah -  I may be a Johnny-come-lately to this discussion…but of course I’m never too late to learn about something new or a different thought.

I have a question in light of the focused requests that are being pursued regarding minimum wage issues. And this seems to follow the recent push by cheerleaders, fast-food workers, retail cashiers, et al… Would it not be too, too narrow to consider a “pay-for-specific-work” type of wage scale? I am not trying to be naïve, but if a scaling, albeit “what is the worth of a certain job” to the general public, form of salary measure be created could we as the electorate task the politicians that we elect to office? Are they not supposed to in some wise manage those funds that we give over in taxes? Oh, I not endorsing a welfare state, I am just suggesting that the so-called professionals that we send to legislative houses work for their votes. And yes some organization have created similar processes following this idea… see Salary.com.

The binding has been added to our new HKM-AM quilt and wall hanging.


I definitely welcome any comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment