Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 294 – (AD 724) – 22.5 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Just Around The Corner on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled another 22.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. My grand total as of today is 14,960.7 miles; 24,077.0 kilometers. I am astounded that I have held out these 724 days.


And on my virtual Trek I am still headed south on the National Highway 87. I am sort south west of Sutherland Creek. I should be seeing my 12th destination and goal point in Australia in about 12 or 13 days.

Here’s a thought. And I’m not taking any side. I am just trying to understand the logic.


Fast Food employee(s) wants wages increased to be $15.00 per hour. Current Florida minimum wage is $7.93 an hour. Sub-standard, but that is another discussion.

I asked for 4 sauces. When I opened my order I found 6. The count was 1, 2, 3, 4 and, 5 and 6.

That’s 50% more than requested. Translated – Does this mean that fast food clerk is actually asking for $11.895 per hour? (Sorry I do not know how to count in ½ pennies.)

Today’s Saint for the Day, according to Catholic Online is none other than St. Theodosius the Cenobiarch. Oh yeah I had to look up Cenobiarch. This seems to be somewhat complicated for the grey matter between my ears.

And I just learned something, I think. Cenobitic (or coenobitic) monasticism is a monastic tradition that stresses community life. (Wikipedia – Cenobitic monasticism).  I think the Cenobiarch is someone who is sort-of the governor of a cenobitic monastery/order. Couldn’t find any absolute definition.

Oh and by the way of you’re not into St. Theodosius the Cenobiarch you have, I believe, 23 other saints from which to choose. And just note that I had nothing to do with making up the list of choices.

Our 2nd draft and design for our new Chopsticks quilt has been completed. The elementary design is based on the Rail-Fence pattern. The question is do we piece the 120 blocks in a pseudo-traditional design?


Or in an abstract format?


Our decision is? Oh yeah, I’m not showing that much of preview now. You’ll have to check up at Quilts SB. (http://quiltssb.com/)

An excellent rendition and composition by Lindsey Stirling from The Phantom of the Opera. Mesmeric.



I have become a fan…

This is my 771st Jim’s Trek post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 58,729 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment