Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 309 – (AD 739) – 22.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Sherlock on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

And Bella just keeps watching.


Today I cycled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. Total mileage – 15,288.6; kilometers – 24,604.7.

I am now located just a bit south of Five Mile Creek on Stuart Highway. And yes I am still, virtually, in the Northern Territory.


A friend asked me how I have continued to keep my commitment to pedaling this whole time, 739 days on a stationary bicycle. Apart from the real, perceived, and expected health benefits, the main factor of keeping me from getting bored is the choice of a video companion. For me it is the choice of watching a movie or a video series while I pedal. This practice allows me to concentrate on something other than a “lackluster” hour plus of cycling in one place. The movie or show helps me to escape and it allows me not to forget about the clock.

This definitely works for me. And I make sure that there are no shows about cooking or television with commercials. That’s a give as it appears that a good percentage of commercials are about food and/or eating. Also a fast-paced movie or TV series unquestionably helps me to pedal at a quicker clip.

Oh yeah my blood sugar count dropped by 6 points this morning.

My latest viewing companion is 2010 series Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, and Rupert Graves.

And there are some days that I just feel that I would like to “beam out” of here. Well I just found the perfect way to assist with my virtual Trek… I do not intend that there be any allusion, but I can just think of the steam-up as I transport myself to somewhere out there, out where I may be able to explore.


No play on any word intended but I want my Trek curtain.

Liked this photo. Thanks Curtis.

Which country?

This is my 787th Jim’s Trek post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 59,608 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment