Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 297 – (AD 727) – 21.9 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – I’m Bored On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.9 boring miles on my Schwinn 170. At least I have the Falling Skies series to keep me pre-occupied. But I have to find a new video companion because I only have a couple more episodes of the 4th Season remaining. (I just found out the TNT has renewed the show for a 10-episode fifth and final season.)

Yes the image today from the National Highway 87 looks the same…and it is boring. I am still headed south and I have about 182 more miles to pedal to reach my next destination.


I have now complete 60.34% of my anticipated total pedaling goal.

My blood sugar is down 6 points to 102. I need to drive it down somewhat more. At supper I tried two new recipes – Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken Casserole and Raw Beet Salad with Walnuts. I found the casserole recipe at Keep your head. Open  Not bad. I was quite surprised by the Raw Beet Salad…It was very good but my hands were red.



A headline caught my eye. I’m not concerned about which side of the aisle the editorial philosophy of the publication claims, I am just intrigued by the spinning of the headline. From National Journal Lauren Fox’s headline reads “The 5 New Members of Congress Who May Actually Do Something Interesting”.

Oh and 5 out of 535 is 0.9%. That is Zero Point Nine Percent. 0.9%.


The implied converse, of course, is what may be more thought-provoking…if not something akin to the truth. Are the other 530 members not doing anything of interest?

Work continues on the piecing of our new Chopsticks quilt.


And we’re finishing up the final bits for our commissioned NT Celebration. Check Quilts SB for updates.

This is my 774th Jim’s Trek post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 58,863 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment