Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 308 – (AD 738) – 21.8 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Hugh River on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


This morning I pedaled 21.8 miles on my Schwinn 170. In 738 days I have now pedaled 15,266.6 miles, the equivalent of 24,569.3 kilometers.


I am located at the crossing of the Stuart Highway at Hugh River, and headed in a southwesterly direction. I’m looking for the water. The Australian Bureau of Meteorology is forecasting a 24 Hour Rainfalls for this area today of “>0.2 to 9 mm”. I could be wrong; they could be reporting at least 0.0 mm.

The question is whether I am going to lose the battle against my rising blood sugar numbers. The fall-out of the last of the Christmas treats, Tortuga Caribbean Rum Cake, is now finished. (Delicious, but now gone.) My early morning blood sugar count is up another 5 points. I am still not on any diabetes medications, and now, January 26th begins the assault to bring my numbers back into line.


Supper last night was a dish of Thai Chicken Curry – Chicken, Zucchini, Onion, Thai Curry Paste, Coconut Milk, Miso Broth, Straw Mushrooms, and Cilantro on Jasmine Rice.

I do like food…but…when I cannot pronounce the majority of the chemical ingredients I sort of steer clear.  I wonder if the saying "You are what you eat" is true?

And something really strange just happened while I was watching a quick video from The San Francisco Globe on “How To Make A Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich” on my PC.  (I obsess about food.)

Out of nowhere, actually not no-where but just on my desk, my iPad started talking out loud. Yep, that’s right. Right out loud my iPad started to have a conversation about grilled cheese sandwiches with the guy in the video discussing the perfect method. I think I am a little bit freaked out…

But this has to be a sign. And you know what? I am going to try to make the perfect grilled cheese sandwich.

And is it media spin or did he really say that? “Now, Scott says, we can pay or rent, buy a car, help keep our economy growing, maybe even start a business.” This is supposedly his comment following that he is “trying to get us a whole $43 a year in tax cuts for our cellphones, land lines and TV services”. (Orlando Sentinel, January 21, 2015)

My question - Is that for each for each individual service? Or per household? Or per account number?

Today we start with the workings of the designs for three new quilts – Moon Over Bayshore, Reflection, and TBA.  Follow us at Quilts SB.

This is my 786th Jim’s Trek post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 59,535 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment