Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 288 – (AD 718) – 22.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Brownies, FedEx, Bullying, Phantom On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

I woke up this morning being able to breathe. De flu has flown. Still a bit of congestion in my chest, but my head seems to be clear. (Yes, that is an opening.)

And I cycled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. Total to date – 14,829.3 miles; 23,865.5 kilometers. My fasting blood sugar is holding at 104.

I have completed 59.55% of my total Trek goal. At my current speed and the-rivers-do-not-rise I should finish my overall pedaling goal sometime in the May of 2016.


Today I am still on the Stuart Highway, aka the National Highway 87 in the Northern Territory in Australia headed in a southerly direction.

Did I ever mention before that my sister makes the best brownies I have ever, ever tasted? And I love brownies.

The scammers are out today. I received a very innocent looking email dated January 3rd from what appears to be FedEx. It states that “a parcel was not able to be delivered on December 29th to my address. For further instructions please click to get label information.” And this being the holiday season and parcels are flying all over the place, I clicked.

A blank page came up with two headings referencing the IDs for a parcel…but there was no corresponding ID number.


I then went to the FedEx.com site to see if I could track the ID number provided in the subject line of the email. I was told to refer to my FedEx account. I do not have an open FedEx account. I did notice that the URL address of the open “blank” page was AU which I believe references Australia.

I called FedEx and an extremely helpful representative determined that the email was spam as she could not find any “expected” delivery for my address. I then forwarded the bogus email to FedEx at abuse@fedex.com.

And of course this type of email, “a delivery failure” email could have a virus attached. I immediately ran a complete Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan.  After 4 hours of scanning it is still running.  Nothing has shown up as yest.

Happy New Year and let the good times begin.

Question, just asking – Is this not the pot kettle black?

Bondi wants to put an end to bullying” (Rich Shopes, Tampa Bay Times, January 3, 2015)

Please do not get me or read me wrong, I do believe that bullying is an unnecessary and harmful facet of life. Hell I went through enough of that growing up… But, and I just would like to interject, BUT, has not Ms. 2 ½-times Bondi just spent the past number of years bullying a segment of Florida’s society?

Oh yeah I forgot. She’s an elected official and playing both sides of the fence is an adept skill mastered by not too many politicians.

Last night I attended, via virtual time warp, the 25th Anniversary presentation of The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall. I was mesmerized. I’ve seen the production a number of times in Tampa and New York but on stage at the Royal Albert Hall in my living room, HD and 60”, was extraordinary.


I have made only one New Year’s resolution – Clean out my email and gmail folders. Period.

This is my 764th Jim’s Trek post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 58,417 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment