Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, March 10, 2017

Day 145+40 – (AD 1,307) – 20.1 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled my Schwinn 170 another 20.1 miles. Total now stand at 27,806.6 miles; 44,750.5. I am amazed when I read the totals and realized that I am soon coming up on 30,000 miles.



And on the surface of Mars, I have covered 90.9% of the distance to my next destination and goal point. Guess I must scope out the next one.



Bet you cannot guess what I made for supper last night?

I am just getting somewhat frustrated as I had not as yet found any hit of the surname Doret in my search for GGG-Grandmother Mary Ann (née Doret) Smith. I have thus far searched and covered 9 towns and 432 years on the island of Martinique via ANOM.

Last night I was searching at www-patrimoines-martinique and finally, I chanced upon the existence of the surname Doret on the island of Martinique. The document is for one Marthilion Doret who was born 1878. A light at the end of the tunnel? Maybe? The only issue is that 1878 is well beyond the scope of the range of years that I am currently searching - 1763-1800.

One issue is that the above Doret was born at Rivière Salée which is one of the towns in the southern part of Martinique that I have already covered. Another issue is that I am hoping does not cause any lack of documentation is the 4 times that Mount Pelée has erupted. Mount Pelée is in the northern part of the island and the principal town affected was Saint Pierre. I do believe that we did lose one ancestor, an Abraham in one of the explosions.

I keep looking.

I just realized that I was a senior in high school 50 years, a half a century ago.

This is my 1,410th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 153,364 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment