Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Day 158 – (AD 1,320) – 20.2 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning, first thing, I played the Grandpa-babysitter. Yes, I will do anything for my two grandsons. And when I returned home I pedaled my Schwinn 170 20.2 miles.

Totals now stand at 28,068.9 miles; 42,172.6 kilometers.



And on the virtual part of this crazy Trek, I am at 89.3% of the distance to my next destination and goal point.

Last night for supper I tried something very, new and very different. I made Lima Beans and Shrimp on Cheese Grits. And easy concoction, and you know what it is a repeatable recipe.


Shrimp, Lima Beans, Onions, Green Pepper, Long Hot Pepper, Celery, Cajun spices, Butter and Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper…and a roux. My mind has now been opened to a whole new world of Cajun cooking.

And of course, there was freshly baked Olive Bread, Caraway Bread, and Raisin Bread. Yes, my FBS remained stable… but I do know that I could have easily overdone and pigged out.



Soapbox –


In The Guardian, this afternoon I have just read an article/opinion by Victoria Herrman. Ms. Herrman is the Managing Director of the Arctic Institute and a National Geographic Explorer. the opinion/article is “I am an Arctic researcher. Donald Trump is deleting my citations

“Over the past two months though, I’ve been navigating a different type of uncharted territory: the deleting of what little data we have by the Trump administration.”

I am not a conspiracy follower and/or believer but there are some interesting points made in this opinion piece.



This is my 1,423rd post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 158,669 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment