Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Day 153+40 – (AD 1,315) – 20.2 Miles Today – Jim’s Trek Part V – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 20.2 miles on my Schwinn 170 cycle. Totals now – 27,968.6 miles; 45,011.2 kilometers.



And today I am further than the halfway mark to my next destination and goal point on Mars.

I got one of the new-fangled light bulbs for the standing floor lamp in the living room. It can be set up to use with Alexa or controlled via my iPhone or iPad. When I was setting it up I had to include it in my Wi-Fi network. I was asked if I would like my light-bulb to allow for my location...

And I named it "Clap".

So now all I say is "Alexa Clap on" or "Alexa Clap off" then the lamp goes on or off automatically. And it dims when I say "Alexa Clap dim down".

Oh yeah, the bulb is supposed to last 22.8 years.

Remember when I mentioned the issues and incorrect database listing regarding my pension and the final straightening out of the system(s) error?

Well, everything has been going fine since January 1, 2017, and I have been receiving my monthly pension distribution directly from the same firm that had had the screw up in their system.

And then tonight happened. I received a phone call from a representative of pension company at 5:45 pm and she informed me that per the pension system I was incorrectly receiving monthly pension distributions. She went on to further say that pension would be putting a stop to my distribution and that I would have to refund the amount that I had received. She stated that the system showed a termination date for me as at August 31, 2013. She further went to say that the system showed me as an "Active Employee".

Huh?

I must have been dreaming on October 12, 2016, when I received the call from pension, as noted, and I must have been having some sort of "mental seizure" when I had discussed with my former employer that I was told that I had been "grandfathered in on LTD through December 19, 2016", and that my retirement date was "December 31, 2016".

I have been receiving my correct pension amount every month since January 2017 and notification(s) from pension to that effect.

My blood pressure just went barreling through whatever test-tube is sitting on whatever shelf.

The most both pension and my former employer could tell me at 6:00 pm and at 6:30 pm, respectively, was that they would have "to open a ticket item to investigate my situation".

Bloody hell.

Postscript – I have received calls from both the pension and human resources this morning and afternoon, respectively, and I was told that the error has been corrected. My pension distribution is on its way.

This is my 1,418th post. Per Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 156,218 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Have a healthy day and smile,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment