Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 1 – (AD 906) – 4.7 + 21.6 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Let The New Journey Begin on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


Tampa humidity is at 93%.


The 7% lack thereof must the part where the condensation is running down the sliding glass patio door. (Yup there is a pool and patio table out there somewhere.)

This morning I’m back on my Schwinn 170. I pedaled 21.6 miles.

This all began as a lark. Today is my 906th day pedaling on my Schwinn Fitness cycles. Have I realized some benefits? Hell yes! Has my pedaling become a routine part of my life? Yes. Have I become somewhat obsessed? No sh@#$*. And I am certainly reaping my benefits.

Part I of Jim’s Trek was a challenge to pedal the equivalent mileage from Tampa, Florida to Seattle, Washington; 4,257.1 miles. Part II was the return trip home; 4,360.0 miles. Part III was my journey around and through Australia; 10,362.4 miles. (Yeah, that was a long haul, and a lot of Outback.) To date I have completed a total of 19,015.8, including the new Part IV miles.

I have completed 76.4 % of my total goal. Part IV will help me to reach 100% of my goal. It may have a degree of aimlessness but one thing for certain is that if I continue at this rate of daily pedaling I should be completing this Trek which I began on December 2, 2012 on about May 17, 2016.


And now for this morning’s language lesson; I began Part IV in Porto, Portugal. I am headed in a southerly direction to my 1st destination and goal point.

Comecei Parte IV, no Porto, Portugal. Estou indo na direcção sul, ao meu primeiro destino e objetivo ponto.

Obviously Google has become a part of my life.

Obviamente, o Google tornou-se uma parte da minha vida.

I carried over 4.7 miles from my last day of Part III and then virtually I flew over from Sydney, Australia to Porto, Portugal. Adding the 4.7 miles to today’s pedaling of 21.6 miles I am now located, headed in a southerly direction, at Avenida Dom Manuel I.



I think that Manuel I ruled as King of Portugal and the Algarves from 1495 to 1521…and during his reign Brazil was discovered by Pedro Álvares Cabral in about 1500. (Hell what can I say, language and history.)

And at this start of Jim’s Trek Part IV I have identified 70 destinations and goal points. As I speak Spanish and French and can stumble through Latin, I can see that this Trek may be a good time for me to pick up a couple more Romance languages. (Enough said.)

Como eu falo espanhol e francês e podem tropeçar através Latina, posso ver que este Trek pode ser uma boa hora para eu pegar mais algumas línguas românicas. (Disse o suficiente.) Thank you Google Translate.

This morning my fasting blood sugar count recorded at 88 mg/dL. I have now gone 740 days, (since July 18, 2013), without any diabetes medication.

Supper last night is definitely a repeat, anytime. Gnocchi, Shrimp, Green Peas, Green Onion, Arugula, Sofrito, Garlic, Olive Oil, Butter. Took no time at all to cook and plate.



The (my) No-Knead Bread formula – 3; ½; 1 ½; 1 ½; 450, 30, 15; Eat. KF I am anticipating a picture of your first.

And if you have that craving for something bacon…only $14.95

This is my 968th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 73,971 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is our email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim