Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 1 – (AD 906) – 4.7 + 21.6 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Let The New Journey Begin on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,


Tampa humidity is at 93%.


The 7% lack thereof must the part where the condensation is running down the sliding glass patio door. (Yup there is a pool and patio table out there somewhere.)

This morning I’m back on my Schwinn 170. I pedaled 21.6 miles.

This all began as a lark. Today is my 906th day pedaling on my Schwinn Fitness cycles. Have I realized some benefits? Hell yes! Has my pedaling become a routine part of my life? Yes. Have I become somewhat obsessed? No sh@#$*. And I am certainly reaping my benefits.

Part I of Jim’s Trek was a challenge to pedal the equivalent mileage from Tampa, Florida to Seattle, Washington; 4,257.1 miles. Part II was the return trip home; 4,360.0 miles. Part III was my journey around and through Australia; 10,362.4 miles. (Yeah, that was a long haul, and a lot of Outback.) To date I have completed a total of 19,015.8, including the new Part IV miles.

I have completed 76.4 % of my total goal. Part IV will help me to reach 100% of my goal. It may have a degree of aimlessness but one thing for certain is that if I continue at this rate of daily pedaling I should be completing this Trek which I began on December 2, 2012 on about May 17, 2016.


And now for this morning’s language lesson; I began Part IV in Porto, Portugal. I am headed in a southerly direction to my 1st destination and goal point.

Comecei Parte IV, no Porto, Portugal. Estou indo na direcção sul, ao meu primeiro destino e objetivo ponto.

Obviously Google has become a part of my life.

Obviamente, o Google tornou-se uma parte da minha vida.

I carried over 4.7 miles from my last day of Part III and then virtually I flew over from Sydney, Australia to Porto, Portugal. Adding the 4.7 miles to today’s pedaling of 21.6 miles I am now located, headed in a southerly direction, at Avenida Dom Manuel I.



I think that Manuel I ruled as King of Portugal and the Algarves from 1495 to 1521…and during his reign Brazil was discovered by Pedro Álvares Cabral in about 1500. (Hell what can I say, language and history.)

And at this start of Jim’s Trek Part IV I have identified 70 destinations and goal points. As I speak Spanish and French and can stumble through Latin, I can see that this Trek may be a good time for me to pick up a couple more Romance languages. (Enough said.)

Como eu falo espanhol e francês e podem tropeçar através Latina, posso ver que este Trek pode ser uma boa hora para eu pegar mais algumas línguas românicas. (Disse o suficiente.) Thank you Google Translate.

This morning my fasting blood sugar count recorded at 88 mg/dL. I have now gone 740 days, (since July 18, 2013), without any diabetes medication.

Supper last night is definitely a repeat, anytime. Gnocchi, Shrimp, Green Peas, Green Onion, Arugula, Sofrito, Garlic, Olive Oil, Butter. Took no time at all to cook and plate.



The (my) No-Knead Bread formula – 3; ½; 1 ½; 1 ½; 450, 30, 15; Eat. KF I am anticipating a picture of your first.

And if you have that craving for something bacon…only $14.95

This is my 968th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 73,971 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is our email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment