Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 2 – (AD 907) – 22.5 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Continuing on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Yup, I got on my Schwinn 170 again this morning and I pedaled 22.5 miles. The numbers just keep increasing – 19,038.3 miles; 30,639.2 kilometers. This is the real part.

And now for the virtual part of this crazy Trek. This morning I made to and am located at Avenida José Estevão.



It looks like the Atlantic Ocean is on the west and the Ria de Aveiro is on the east, and yes I am heading south.



Countdown – 293 more pedaling days to go.

My blood sugar this early morning registered 94. The 6 point jump, not that it is much, could be because I had two helpings of the “General Tso’s Chicken” I created last night. I used the Simply Asia General Tso Stir-Fry Sauce packet and followed the recipe on the back. (I found the packet at my local Publix. Even though I probably have the majority of the listed ingredients for the sauce in my pantry, I thought what the hell.) Bottom line it was okay but it wasn’t anything like a typical General Tso’s Chicken from the local Chinese restaurant.

Smith's General Tso's Chicken



Check out the documentary “The Search For General Tso”.  Jiayang Fan writes in The New Yorker – “Searching For America With General Tso”, (March 2015).

It says something about Chinese food in America that it has emerged as a fixture in the traditions of other minorities, most spectacularly on Christmas, when consuming cartons of greasy lo mein is all but codified custom in Jewish households.”  


And if you’ve got 2 ½ plus hours to spare you should check out Steven Mango’s January 2014 YouTube presentation “Inside the Scientology Celebrity Center: An Ex-Parishioner Reveals All”. Very interesting. Yeah Clearwater.  Sis, boom, bah, the cult has bought Clearwater.


This is my 969th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 74,031 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is our email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment