Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 460 – (AD 890) – 23.2 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Puzzled on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Bloody hell, I am getting to the end of my Jim’s Trek Part III. This morning I pedaled 23.2 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals: 18,644.5 miles; 30,005.5 kilometers. Just take a gander at that number – 30,005.5 kilometers.


This morning I think I am located on the A1 Highway in the area of Macksville in New South Wales, I think I am. (Virtually of course.) But when I see the van on my left and then I see the street sign straight ahead “Please Limit Compression Braking” I feel like I am seeing something out of the X-Files. Does “Compression Braking” have anything to do with dimensional shift? I wonder if the driver has any clue whether s/he’s missing a portion of their van.


Countdown: 329 days. I cross the finish line in about 2 +/- weeks. Yeah!

Early morning blood sugar rang in at 98.

Guess the count has gone up again – 549 candidates for the 2016 Presidential election. Check out The Green Papers dot com.

Loaf #5
There is just something about fresh bread right out of the oven… The loaf talks to you. I mean if you put your ear close to the glorious golden crust and listen, there is sort of a crackling and crisping of little sounds that definitely sound like “Eat me.” And this morning number 5 is done. Almost didn’t make the 3 cups of white flour. I sort of topped up the 3rd cup with some whole wheat flour; I think about 1/8 of a cup.

I have 61 more to go to accomplish my habit forming routine. One bag of King Arthur emptied; 5 loaves = savings of about $15.00, and a hell of a lot of good bread.

And of course synchronicity falls into place. Today Saint of the Day is St. Benedict of Nursia and the food associated with him is poisoned bread. The story is something about the poisoned bread and a raven grabbing it and flying it away. You get the picture… Well mine’s not poisoned.

This is my 951st post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 72,794 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment