Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day 457 – (AD 887) – 22.4 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Bike Path in Barcoongere State Forest on My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 22.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals are now 18,576.3 miles; 28,895.7 kilometers. That’s the real part of my journey.


And today I stopped on a Google-imposed bicycle path somewhere in the south end of the Barcoongere State Forest at Dirty Creek Road. I’m New South Wales in Australia. The Google drag-on icon is still not in place.  This is the virtual part of my Trek.

Countdown – 396 more miles to go. Anticipation.


This morning was remove-the-zipper-day. We now have a used zipper toggle, slightly used for sale on eBay… obo.


I thought I would make some homemade Scrapple. I’ve made some before; ground pork and cornmeal. The batch I made was good, really good…And I then decided to look up the real ingredients for Scrapple.

According to Wikipedia – “Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other trimmings, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are removed, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush.” Hell, doesn’t that sound appetizing.

Seems that I never made Scrapple. I made pseudo-Scrapple. Mine was closer to Cincinnati Goetta, sort of. And now I have to try and make Goetta. Goetta is made primarily of ground meat, pin-head oats and spices. Well?

Travel update – Sleep Jezebel and Warhol’s Itch at 2:46 am this morning were processed through the sort facility at ISC (USPS) Miami. Birmingham, here we come.


This is my 948th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 72,437 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment