Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Day 197 – (AD 1,102) – 22.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – San Marino On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled 22.7 miles on my Schwinn 170. My totals – 23,537.3 miles; 37,879.7 kilometers.

This morning I made it to my next virtual point and destination goal, San Marino.



I am located at Via Campone Sala, 156, 47042 Sala FC, Italy.



According to my calculations I still have 5.5% of my overall mileage goal remaining. 68 days left and the countdown has begun.

I did it again. I lost my glasses, the best pair of glasses I've ever had. And this time they're gone, gone. Obviously fell asleep on the couch last night during a replay of Summer Rental and slept right through two episodes of the ABC show, The Real O’Neals. No trace of my glasses, and they are the type that are so light that sometimes I could not even feel them on my face. Gone, gone…gone



Yup and I looked in the car, And I'm washing the blankets from the couch this morning. And I swept the house. I called the restaurant from last night. Nope. And the last time I can remember that I actually used them was at Lowes when I had to read the wattage on a chandelier bulb I was replacing.

But I need them to drive, so they had to have had been on my head. And the bed was stripped down. And I checked the window ledges and all around my computer station. The best fact of these glasses is that they are so beautifully light that they are a pleasure to wear...but I am so, so routine about small details that they've probably gone flying somewhere while I was asleep on the couch.

And vanity has stopped me from getting the glass string-thing to tie around my neck.

And there is the extra pair that I have at the piano which are in their place, but these are only bifocals and not for driving. It's my trifocals that have gone missing.

The positive thing was that at my most recent annual checkup my Doctor said that there was a need of a small correction to my prescription. I had decided that I would wait another year to replace them as the correction was so minor. Guess that my scheduling may have been pushed forward... And I will be purchasing a glasses tie-me-down thing to wear in the house...

Got my to-try Magic Noodles… It’s Japanese Ito Konnyaku Noodles. Made from the konjac yam, also known as devil’s tongue yam or elephant yam. Accordingly they are very low in carbohydrates and calories…and have very little flavor of their own. If and when I open them and there is any hint of a smell of formaldehyde you can guess where they are going... I’m currently searching for possible and inviting recipes..

This is my 1,198th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 89,865 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment