Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Day 213 – (AD 1,118) – 22.6 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Thinking On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled 22.6 miles on my Schwinn 170. And this morning I passed the 23,904.5 miles mark. My totals are: 23,904.6 miles; 38,470.8 kilometers.



My virtual location is at D2, 48000, Koprivnica, Croatia. I now have 169 mores miles to reach my next destination and goal point.

So the MOSI’s Board of Directors has voted to recommend that the Museum of Science and Industry move from the outer banks of the nether woods of Hillsborough County to downtown Tampa. “MOSI to move from USF area to downtown”, Creative Loafing by Kate Bradshaw, April 19, 2016.

MOSI, Fowler Avenue, Tampa

“Also unclear are how big the facility would be, what kind of exhibits it would feature and when exactly the move would take place.

But the study does project a 34 percent increase in attendance should the move go forward.”

One would think that a major decision like this would have at least some iota of answers reported to these issues.

MOSI is moving from across the street from USF to near where it “would put the museum in close quarters with the USF Morsani College of Medicine and USF Heart Institute, both of which are slated for that part of town…” Huh?

But hell this is Tampa; I lived here a number of years, at least 3 ½ decades. This is the same type of decision that has happened time and time again. The politicians definitely like to spin wheels. And oh yeah the Economic Feasibility of Relocating MOSI to Downtown Tampa is only 171 pages long.

Soapbox -

Am I missing something? Are these primaries that the two major American parties are currently conducting in part just polls?  Are they polls to see and figure out which way the electorate winds are blowing?  Could there not be a much more better method?

And I have another question - Why bother?  The amount of money spent in campaigning and political folderol appears to be one hell of a lot of waste in which the media and the possible carpetbaggers are lining their pockets could be spent in some other better and more constructive manner.

This just seems like a glorified poll process...

This is my 1,214th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 91,371 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment