Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Day 201 – (AD 1,106) – 22.5 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Thinking On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 22.5 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals: 23,629.8 miles; 38,028.5 kilometers; 1,106 days.



My location, the virtual part of the journey, is at SS309, 35020 Codevigo PD, Italy.

Soapbox - Questions -

I’m getting very tired of this 2016 Presidential campaign. I have to ask myself is there any one of the current 5 candidates that I really want to see as the next President?

The answer is no.

Do I really think that anyone of the current five remaining candidates truly represent what I would like to see of a person who represents the United States of America?


The answer is no.

Do I think that there is at least one person of the, assuming that at least 50% of the 245 million Americans who may be 35 years or older eligible, would be better than the five current candidates?

The answer is yes.

Do I think that if any one of the five candidates is to be our next President s/he will do a good job?

The answer is beyond my crystal ball.

Are we electing a President to represent us, the United States of America, and to represent us a person that we can respect and look to for leadership?

The answer is that we should be.

But will this happen on Tuesday, November 8, 2016?

I bloody well hope so.

And I can only design quilts, bake bread, and pedal… and write.

The binding on our new Parity quilt is excellent.

Parity - JS AB - April 2016

And we’ve begun the new design for our quilted fabric art, Wings. We’re going to try something we haven’t as yet. Will it work?

Wings - JS AB - Design - 2016

Who knows?

Also I am trying a new recipe for Kneaded Sourdough Bread. Ingredients: 2 ⅓ cups of sourdough starter (aka Fred); scant tablespoon of salt; 3 ⅓ cups bread flour; and 1 – 1 ½ cups of water. And I have discovered a new exercise technique to be included in my exercise – 20 minutes of kneading.



The sourdough loaves are rising now between 4 and 24 hours.

This is my 1,202nd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 90,254 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment