Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Day 218 – (AD 1,123) – 23.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – “HUGH” Sum On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Today I pedaled another 23.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. And this morning my odometer passed the 24,000-mile mark. To date I have now pedaled Schwinn Fitness cycles a total of 24,019.1 miles; 38,655.1 kilometers. Just think 24,000 miles. Bloody hell!



I am located at a point in the road at Unnamed Rd, Fürged, 7087 Hungary. Now heading northwest, sort-of.  And I feel like breaking out in an Hungarian rendition of "Oklahoma". And of course I had to find the 2002 Hungarian Formation Dancers performing to the soundtrack of "Oklahoma".



And the spammers are out this morning. I try not read my incoming emails while I cycle but I couldn’t help it this time.

This time, the email was from a Samia Jamal – email address martinkonvalink at gmail, Palestinian, 19 years old with a younger sister Leila, 17 who was shot in back. Leila, then Laila, is in desperate need as parents have both been shot and murdered. Can guarantee a “HUGH” sum of money and other valuables that dead father had left with a security company…but cannot access because of his (Samia’s) age. And there is a modicum of begging and pleading and a “Please” with a capital “P”.

Guess I am not too, too empathetic this morning… And he Samia or Martin can wait all they want.

And why, oh way does the NRA keep calling my landline?

Spent the morning finishing up my communities quarterly newsletter. Volunteers are great, but… at least I do not get paid for my work, and or thoughts. Nor do I do well with volunteers who think that they can lord over or cleopatranize me.  (New word for me.)

Just catching up with some other paperwork and things. That’s it. Just me being boring as hell.

This is my 1,220th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 91,857 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address - jsmith58@gmail.com.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment