Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 433 ½ – (AD 863 ½) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part III – Day of Rest, Right. No Schwinn 170

Good Day,


It's that time again. Time for the Pack's annual physical and check-up. 16 legs, plus 4 at the vet's. Mayday! Mayday! And they're all looking at me as if I have had a lapse of judgment questioning as to where is their breakfast. Oh well. Once a year.

And this is the reason that I am not getting on my Schwinn 170 today. I figured that I just completed a 16-day session that I can rest, sort of, on the 17th day.

Question - When does a pleasant dream become a nightmare?  Answer - Last night.

Woody Guthrie, 1943
McSorley's Old Ale House
I went to an Irish pub. After some drinks and discussion, (Did I ever say that I am not a regular drinker?), somehow I agreed to perform with my guitars on a future date. That's the good part of the dream.

Fast forward to the performance date in question. I arrived at that pub with my guitars, a Giannini Classical and my 12-string Yamaha. Now you do realize that I haven't touched my guitars in let's say about 40 years. (Today I only play my Yamaha little Baby Grand.)

Idiot me, in the dream, I did not even look at or tune up the guitars prior to the planned date. The bridge on the Giannini was broken. 11 of the twelve strings on the Yamaha were, how do I say, well they just weren't.

Well the people started arriving. The pub filled to the rafters. I began sweating, and I mean I began really sweating. I wanted to hide. I wanted to run. (What did I have for dinner the night before?) In a sparkling of a moment I was passed a guitar. Damn, I thought to myself, I need to get out of the pub, I need to run, I need to hide. My dream had become this wandering minstrel's dreaded nightmare.

Then I woke up. And all things being equal I got rid of those two guitars about 30 years ago. How in the hell did I have a dream/nightmare like that?

Hope update - 19 Cranes completed - 14 hours and 25 minutes. Here are Cranes # 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19.  Follow us at Quilts SB.


This is my 923rd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this morning, 70,985 Pageviews.  Daily average page views - 76.9.  Not bad for this crazy and weird Trek and journey.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek.

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment