Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, November 8, 2013

Day 105 – (AD 328) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 22.5 Miles – Catron County Heliport On My Schwinn 150

Good Day,


Today I cycled another 22.5 miles on my Schwinn 150. I’m ½ mile short of my 6,500 mark; 6,499.5 miles. And there is tomorrow.


This morning on my Trek I reached the fairly new Catron County Heliport. Google Maps' street views were taken in 2008 and the Heliport was opened in 2009. Sort of not much to see. And there is something that I do not understand. Accordingly the Catron County Heliport, C54, is 8 nautical miles east of Quemado, New Mexico. I did pass through Quemado, population about 250, but I am still looking for some body of water to measure the nautical miles. (The B-marker in the above image is me.)

I just realized that we as a human race are creating a thousand of new dialects under the umbrella of “Computer-eze”. Just trying to understand the what-application-works-with-what-device-and-if-you-do-not-have-this-make-or-type-of-device-you-can’t-use-this-application certainly boggles the wee bit of grey matter that I am trying to hold on to. Is it that I am getting old? Or just left out in the cold? It is raining nanobytes, and I do not mean the candy type.

The  kitchen and flood reconstruction is almost done. Some minor things to finish. We’re still heading for a completion date of Thanksgiving. The air-conditioning is back online... and of course our service company was insistent that there was another new gizmo that was needed for the unit.  No thanks.

My desktop PC is back to work and I am ready to start my writing and research once again.

This morning’s viewing companion was Masterpiece Theatre’s 2005 presentation of Charles Dickens Bleak House. Part 1 begins the introductions of characters, place, and time. As I never read this in school in all the English Literature classes I sat through, this one should prove somewhat interesting. There are 15 parts and this video companion will take me through much of November and about 300 miles of cycling.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment