Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 115 – (AD 338) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 22.0 Miles – Somewhere in New Mexico on My Schwinn 150.

Good day,

This morning I cycled another 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. I burned 688 calories. I had to. Last night I had one too many corn chips and salsa, two burritos con carne, a Sangrita, and a deep-fried ice-cream. Fasting blood sugar count was up, as expected, to 107 mg/dL. Got to bring it back down, today.


This morning I am still in New Mexico on County Road E022/US-380 E/US-70 E. I am about halfway between Hondo, population about 1,100 and Picacho, population 6, or is it 381. And then I found 82, and also 28. Who really does count these people? Anyone know?

Okay I ready Thomas B. Costain 1955 novel, The Tontine. Thank you PT. This was the second time I read it and each time I was completely intrigued with the characters and Costain’s writing. The story is of “A London con man creates a tontine wherein the surving members receive interest on their investment, while the capital, after some years, is to go to the care of…” final living.

The concept is good, I think. Well I just read Jason McClellan’s November 18th’s article “Scientist proposes bond that will pay out when aliens are discovered.” The lottery is a bond which would, all-things-being-equal, help to collect monies to further the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. Sort of sounds familiar… I think.

Finished Scatter My Ashes at Berdsorf’s. My next viewing companion this morning is, in two-parts, Chely Wright’s 2011 documentary film Wish Me Away. Can she sing? And is she a gorgeous lady?

Back to work on our next quilts, afghans, and search for my genealogy. And then there is the Shape Shifter.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment