Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 106 – (AD 329) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.0 Miles – New Mexico Somewhere, On My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today my cycling clocked 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. My next Interlake location goal is about 700 miles away.


I am on US-60 E somewhere in New Mexico between the Madre and Crosby Mountains. I am a bit north east of Datil, population about 55.

Not sure I understand this, but it seems that Firefox is recommending Add-ons to me that are Russian and Italian...in Russian and in Italian. Why? Accordingly the recommendations are based on the current ones that are included in my extensions. I only have three Add-ons currently added on; Google Image Search; iCloud Bookmarks; and Lightbeam. So what do these three have to do with the Russian and Italian recommendations? Strange thought…

This morning I watched Part 2 of Bleak House. It is Dickens’ dark examination of the shortfalls of the English Chancery court system in about the 1820s. How apropos that there is examination of legal documents and affidavits? Not in any way that I am an accomplished writer in the caliber of Charles Dickens but there does hold some persistence in the search and research of certain writings and scripts. I definitely might learn something.

I wonder if there may have been some slight association between Charles Dickens and Jules Verne. One of the minor characters in Bleak House known as Nemo is found dead, and there is an occasional reference to the fact that “Nemo” is the Latin for “nobody, no one”. Is that the meaning of Jules Verne's Captain Nemo in Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea?

Decided on the new band for our Vanderbilt afghan. I think this one will work. Design work continues on CK’s GPS quilt. This new one should prove interesting and somewhat different. We started a new quilt design, The Doors. Both RG2013 and Tampa Kaleidoscope are in process of being quilted. Guess I’ll have to update our quilt and afghan schedule. Stay tuned to both Afghans SB and Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment