Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 121 – (AD 344) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 22.6 Miles – Texas on My Schwinn 150



Good day,

This morning, in Tampa and on my Schwinn 150, I cycled 22.6 miles. I burned 721 calories. I have now cycled, in 344 days, 6,848.1 miles on this Trek. Only 1,492 more miles to go and then I begin Jim’s Trek Part III. Any suggestions? And please, there are no Columbus jokes on the page.

Today I crossed the states’ border and I am 3.4 miles on US-380 E along into Texas. The Google Maps image, taken in 2009 certainly is bright. I adjusted the contrast and brightness of the image as the reflection of the sun is certainly blinding.


"Yellow Rose Of Texas" performed by the United States Coast Guard Band

My fasting blood sugar count is holding at 95 mg/dL. My eAG or average glucose is at 114. Yes, I know I’m blasting my own horn. This exercise thing is doing the job it is meant to do. Last night’s supper was another one of my quick throw together cause Jim’s Gotta Eat… Shrimp and Pineapple with Chick Peas on Spinach Salad. I’ll write this one up on Jim’s Gotta Eat.


And I continued to watch the Smithsonian Channel’s production of the Enemies Within: Joe McCarthy. My only question – Ted Cruz – Joe McCarthy = reincarnation? Just think I did find a copy of the complete 1944 movie Yellow Rose of Texas on YouTube. Maybe tomorrow?

I’m working on a new quilt design CK’s GPS. This one gonna be something completely different, I think. You’ll have to stay tuned. I have to update the status of our current projects. Check back shortly at Quilts SB. I did post some new images of our Blumish Two.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment