Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 110 – (AD 333) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.3 Miles –6,606.1 Miles in New Mexico on My Schwinn 150.

Good day,

And today, another 21.3 miles on my Schwinn 150; total to date 6,606.1.


This morning I passed through Socorro, New Mexico, turned right and moved to the south paralleling the Rio Grande. At San Antonio I crossed over the river on 2nd Street.


I am now headed east on US-380 E/2nd Street toward Co Road 158/Cam San Pedro/San Pedro Road.

Doctor’s okay this morning on what I am doing. He decided to drop the diagnosis of diabetes from my record. Does this mean that I’ve beaten it? His prognosis is that I keep cycling and making sure that I eat a good diet. I am now to try and cut down on another medication. This one treats high blood pressure. Another goal…

Just received in yesterday’s afternoon mail delivery a brown envelope labeled "The American Legion, Benefits Department". On the label –

"James K Smith: According to our records, you are among the Florida Veterans who are not yet receiving The American Legion Benefits to which you are eligible."

In my dreams I must have served sometime, someplace to become a Florida Veteran. I know I take virtual reality trips. Just check out Jim's Trek. I know that I am reaching that point in life that I may get some more gray hair.

As British by birth I do not remember any type of associated relationship with The American Legion. As a Canadian citizen I did go to school somewhat near to the 49th parallel. When I became an American citizen it was sometime after I may have been eligible to serve in any one of the four branches.

I know it may be a pittance, but is there not a cost to some department of The American Legion? A cost for the package that came very nicely addressed to me?

Okay, my name and address might be the result of a purchase of a mailing list by some mail order third party company. The question is what percentage may warrant a viable write-off for wasted copy to non-eligible recipients? And is this a Florida thing?


I watched my cycling companion Bleak House this morning. Josiah Tulkinghorn is just the type of fictional lawyer on truly loves to hate. And it appears that almost everyone in Dickens’ novel does so.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment