Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 116 – (AD 339) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.7 Miles – Still in New Mexico on My Schwinn 150

Good day,

This morning I cycled 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 150 and I have now cycled a total of 6,736.8 miles. I did miss not exercising yesterday, and I will explain further on down. I sort of felt guilty not cycling and missing a day. Does this mean that this has now become routine and a habit?


And for my virtual Trek, I am still in New Mexico and I believe that I am just east of the City of Roswell. I believe the population is about 48,000. More on that tomorrow. This morning I am headed east on County Road E022/US-380 E/US-70 E. If I continue to follow US-380 E I will be entering Texas soon.

I did not cycle or write my morning pages yesterday because my Norton Anti-virus software, which runs every day, sort-of, crashed. This is one of the key security software that I use to insure that my PC is working and protected as best as possible. It is the one that has assisted me throughout the many years that I have been using one.

Well I spent about two hours trying to figure out why the software had crashed and then as it was way, way beyond my grey matter and small-capacity brain, I contacted the Norton support online. I spend about an hour chatting with Kabul, I guess somewhere in India. S/He was able to find the problem, fix it, and now my Norton Anti-Virus software is working again.

Last night when I scanned my PC the software ran for a couple of hours, while I was asleep. It was able to quarantine and stop four Cloud viruses from infiltrating my system. The world is becoming so much smaller and I thank Kabul and his/her assistance and knowledge.

I am not trying to get into a political discussion but I am perplexed and quite bewildered at the support and the voting population that actual elects some of these pronounced Tea Party members. There are a number of these elected “idiots” who are so diametrically shysters and two-faced.

Take recently election Republican Trey Radel. I mean at 37 years old one would think that he should have certain brain capacity about himself. Well, he was arrested on account of a law, that he as an elected official is supposed to uphold. And I do not hold with the argument that “he is just human”. I mean this no-brain “co-sponsored legislation to change the nation’s mandatory minimum drug sentencing laws and voted for a bill that called for states to drug test people who receive food stamps.” Because of him and of the others, can't touch Tom Ford from this part of the continent, should not the legislation be amended to include annual testing of all elected officials? I would go one further, and ask how are voters examining the candidates that they elect to office?

Okay, I’ll get off my soap box.

My viewing companion while I cycled this morning was the 2012 movie Frances Ha. Definitely a good but somewhat strange movie. It is a black and white film about one Frances Halladay, who is a sort-of dancer who sort-of lives from place to place, who has some dreams.  I'm not sure of what those dreams really are. I was intrigued.

Andy and I received the news that our quilt and wall hanging Cosmo’s Moon has been accepted to be exhibited at MANifestations at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in Golden, Colorado. Check out Quilts SB for details. Our new commissioned quilt RG2013 is now off the long arm. The final touches and the quilting work on our domestic machine is now being done.

Work continued on our new afghan Vanderbilt. This one is a work in process and a step-by-step design in the make. I will be writing up some new details in Afghans SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment