Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Day 119 – (AD 342) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.7 Miles – Another Goal Reached in New Mexico – 6,800 Miles on My Schwinn 150

Good day,

This morning I topped 6,800 miles on my Schwinn 150. I cycled 21.7 miles again, and I totaled 6,803.5.


I am headed southeast on US-380 E/2nd St toward County Road 159/Grose Rd. As I continue to virtually follow US-380 E, I will enter Texas in about two days. And that’s 420 miles to my 33rd Interlake address goal.

And Jim’s Trek is a two phase journey; the physical exercising part and the mental, virtual part. If you are a new reader of this somewhat simplistic blog, which I began on December 2, 2012, please know that I have not tried to pull anything over on anyone, least of all myself. I began my Trek with the intention of just doing some exercise. I did not know what the outcome or the benefits would be to this old-ish body. They certainly have happened. 11½ inch reduction, no more diabetes, lower blood pressure, and reduced cholesterol levels.And I did not know that the future would affect my present and definitely open the doors of my past.

Did I say that The Pack has grown to six? That is SIX leashes and 24 legs, for a complete week. One hundred and twenty pounds all the way down to 10. I feel like a master puppeteer. Three of the six, the largest and the two smallest, that is Moxon and Tinker and Max, believe that a walk is one that is accomplished in circles. So think of the discombobulation, Moxon, Harbor, Radar, Tinker, Bella, and Max, as I try to fathom who’s leash is who’s… as I deal with the canine celebration of me, the token May-pole.

It is cooler in Tampa MM, but there is no snow on the ground.

My viewing pleasure, I think this morning while on my Schwinn 150 was the 2011 Broadway production of The Pee-Wee Herman Show. I haven’t ever watched a Pee-Wee Herman show or movie. I guess I was just too, too uptight and was blind to that sort of comedic humor. I was amazed at the subtle writings…but I kept waiting for Pee Wee’s Schwinn X-1. I did learn that his bike was built off a late 40’s/early 50’s Schwinn DX frame. I felt forsaken, but I continued on my Trek on my Schwinn 150.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment