Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day 123 – (AD 346) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 23.0 Miles –Brownfield, Texas on My Schwinn 150

Good day,

And Happy Thanksgiving below the 49th Parallel,

This morning I cycled 23.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. My total miles to date, 6,892.9.

My location is on the west side of the City of Brownfield, population of about 9,700. I am on US/380 E or Tahoka Road at the intersection of N Cedar Street. I can see that the decorations for Christmas have been put up.


And Happy Chanukah...



This morning I received an email from one Craig Drachtman. This is someone who I am not sure I can remember his face or where if ever I met him. But for sure the email was sent from Brandeis University.

According to Mr. Drachtman, he is writing me, to me Jim Smith, on behalf of a Mrs. Jenny Bishop. Now I have to say that my mind and powers of recall must be waning as I cannot remember a Mrs. Jenny Bishop ever in my travels, real or virtual. But Mrs. Jenny Bishop, according to Mr. Craig Drachtman, “has decided to will $12,000,000.00 to you (me) for Humanitarian work and your (my) personal use.

How nice. I am flattered and flabbergasted. I certainly needed some change for Humanitarian and personal uses. Wonder where I will start? Mr. Drachtman does explain that I have to get in touch with “her attorney, Gilbert Rogers…” He, Mr. Drachtman, does provide an email address for my benefit. And the email address is xyzabc@Rogers.com. Rogers Communications is a Canadian communications and media company.


So now I have a pending $12 million gift announced by someone I do not know sent from Massachusetts on behalf of someone who just out of the blue wants to be nice to me but I have to contact a lawyer in a law firm somewhere in Canada. What, pray tell, am I going to do?

Today I finished watching the second part of the French film Little White Lies while cycling on my Schwinn 150 . I enjoyed the soundtrack. I also think that this movie is worth a second viewing. There is so much going on about the relationships of the friends and listening to the French dialogue and reading the English subtitles I am sure that I must have missed some key connecting bits.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment