Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 117 – (AD 340) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 22.0 Miles – Roswell, New Mexico on My Schwinn 150

Good day,

Today, this morning, I cycled 22.0 more miles on my Schwinn 150. The total number of miles I have now completed equals 6,758.8. I can’t believe that I have completed that amount of miles. And in truth, this accomplishment is only for me.


This morning I made it to Roswell, New Mexico. Yup, that Roswell. I am now on East 2nd Street between N Orchard and N Atkinson Avenues. I’m at the Cowboy Café, just in time for breakfast. But after the caravan I stopped in at the Crazy Buffet. Same difference, I guess.


The first thing I noticed this morning in the Roswell image are the two marks on the lamp. Are there any subliminal messages here?


And it is that time of year again. It is the time of year that everybody starts to make merry and wishes a good season. It is the joyous time of year but these are times when not everyone relishes the thought of having to get to together and see everyone again. It is a confusing time of year. I think I will just sit down and watch one of my favorite seasonal movies, the 1995 Home for The Holidays directed by Jodie Foster. Norman Rockwell it isn’t… but it certainly sums up a “normal” holiday get together. As Glinda the Good Witch said “It’s always best to start at the beginning. And all you do is follow the Yellow Brick Road.

This morning my cycling companion was Whoopi Goldberg’s most recent 2013 documentary Moms Mabley. And boy am I still learning.


Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment