Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 1 - (AD 431) – Jim's Trek III – 21.1 Miles – Sydney, Australia on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

I’m back on my Schwinn 150 this morning and I cycled 21.1 miles. I have started Jim’s Trek III. This is Day 1 of JT-III. Together and since 2 December 2012 this is Day 431 – AD 431.  I have now cycled a total of 8,638.2 miles or about 13,902 kilometers.

This morning I dropped out of the iCloud. I have landed at a point in Sydney, Australia. Definitely much faster than a trans-continental and a trans-Pacific flight. The distance from Tampa, Florida to Sydney, New South Wales is 9,259 miles, 14,901 kilometers.


My starting point for my next virtual adventure and trek is a location on George Street at Martin Place. I take off going south on George Street toward Barrack Street. As I cycle my 21.1 miles, 34 kilometers, I land at a point on Hume Highway/A28 at Myall Road.


I am now headed to my Goal Number 2 and I have to remember that I am now cycling on the opposite side of the road.

Including Sydney I have identified 16 goal points that I will reach for for as I make my journey of Jim’s Trek III on my Schwinn 150. And I have a different request, I you are a reader of my virtual Trek and blog and just so, by chance, happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia, please be free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. I certainly would welcome it.

And my blood sugar this morning registered in at 89 mg/dl, 4.94 mmol/l. Last night dinner’s recipe was from AllRecipes Australia - Baked cod with potatoes, tomatoes and rocket. I did not have any tomatoes or rocket. I substituted green pepper and curly kale and added some white wine. Tremendous dish that I had to have a second helping.  Another new goal I have chose is to make an Australian recipes at least once every week during JTIII.

Last night I randomly picked a movie to watch, the 2008 film Newcastle. Synchronicity is working here full-time. I had no idea that it was a surfing movie, because I did not read the summary, and I did not know that it was an Australian movie. And my viewing companion this morning while on my Schwinn 150 was the fifth episode of Season 5 of Breaking Bad. I kept the film going while I cycled and I finished my 75 sit-ups.


And spring and the pollen have arrived here in Tampa.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment