Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 3 - (AD 433) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.9 Miles – Yerrinbool, Australia on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I cycled 21.9 miles on my Schwinn 150. I am now two days short of hitting the 8,700 mile mark. So far I have now cycled 8,681.7 miles, 13,971.9 km.


This morning on my Trek I made it to Yerrinbool in New South Wales. The population is about 1,100 give or take. I am located on Remembrance Drive which is also the Old Hume Highway. According to the 2009 Google image I am at The Falls Road. I wonder if that house is still for sale?

I am still wondering about the level of common sense allocated to persons who run for office today in 2014… But it is the voting public of whom I am beginning to think that there may be a definite correlation at the declining levels of our educational system and voting intelligence as compared to the world stage. I just came upon this December 2013 article from The Atlantic, American Schools vs. the World: Expensive, Unequal, Bad at Math. And from The Washington Post, June 2013 – Where U.S. stands in education internationally – new report. So as we continue to dumb down, it stands to reason that there are many illogical and unlearned Americans voting for dumber and dumber idiots. Sounds to me that we are nearing the thought processes of 10 June 1692 once again. 321 years 8 months and 15 days later, we are still at it, once again...

Okay James, off your soapbox.

My blood sugar count this morning was 98. It was up 9 points. Supper was a green omelet. Then I had a couple of chocolate chip cookies. And then some Ben & Jerry’s Volun-Tiramisu ice-cream. Then some ripple potato chips and about eight mini Twixes. And then I had a half a turkey and provolone sandwich at about 10:00 pm. I just was in one of “I got to eat” moods. And this morning I burned off 683 calories on my Schwinn 150.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment