Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 189 – (AD 416) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.6 Miles – 8,300 on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.6 miles on my Schwinn 150. I reached another goal. I have now cycled a total of 8,312.1 miles.


I am headed east on FL-20 E toward Kathy Lane. But not just me, the two cars in front of me and the two cars behind. 


It is a Schwinn 150 virtual convoy.

Question -

If we have become more advanced as a people, that is, somewhat more intelligent with what is now available to our minds, why do firms insist on dumbing down and making their advertisements sound more infantile? What is a Hoodie-Footie? Is not the correct English phrase "with hood and footed"? Or at least "hooded and footed?" Everytime I hear this Pyjama-gram ad run on the radio it is akin to my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Davies running her fingernails down the blackboard.  And isn't there some sort of misrepresentation regarding the cat and dog?  Just asking, while I clip my fingernails.


The design of our new endeavor and experiment, Warhol's Itch has been completed. Again this is something very different and new for Andy and me. The construction of this wall hanging and quilt has begun. This should prove to be very interesting.

The construction continues of our new crocheted afghan Glowing. As the work progresses it continues to get a bit larger than just what is deemed to be a throw. We have been adapting the work and the design as the rows are added.

Have you ever had one of those nights that you are trying to sleep and there is a bloody mosquito or a damnable fly buzzing around your head and echoing in your ears? The Breaking Bad episode this morning while I rode my Schwinn 150 was just that. The episode was titled - Fly. And it did appear that that bitch of a fly just would not allow itself to be caught, squished.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment