Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 196 – (AD 423) – Jim's Trek Part II – The Sequel – 20.7 Miles – Heading on South on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I cycled 20.7 miles on my Schwinn 150.

And yes this blog may be boring...but this is my blog and my journal of my efforts to stick with a number of choices. (And I just over-emphasized that this is "my" blog.)  The choices that I made included using the internet to record for myself what I do and what I accomplish on a short span of my life and my trek, Jim's Trek. In days gone by I would have jotted all my goals and accomplishments and occasional thought in a notebook. Too many physical notebooks may have been somewhat cumbersome to carry on my Schwinn 150.The Cloud goes with me whereever I go.  Oh and by the way

Today I am now located on County Road 55/US-19 S/US-27 Alt S/US-98 S. I’m looking at the Google Maps satellite vantage point. I wonder if tourists get confused at reading Florida maps…or in this day and age all is just left to the computer voice in the GPS gizmo on the dashboard. The Google Maps image is from five years ago.



Last night’s supper: Sous-vide Beef Tenderloin with Kumquat Chutney, Tante Malka’s Potato Kugel Deluxe, and a Salad. It sounds extreme and there were one hell of a lot of dishes to clean up, but the meal was worth it. And my early morning blood sugar count came in at a stunning 87. Not that I do not like a good restaurant meal, I can almost guarantee that my blood sugar count will be lower when I take charge of my own cooking. Oh and by the way I found the recipe for Tante Malka's Potato Kugel Deluxe in Mollie Katzen's The New Enchanted Broccoli Forest, 2000.

I got into a conversation with someone about the concerns of using Facebook. Am I pro or con? Obviously I use it to announce new postings to each of my blogs. I also will use it to make some of points from time to time. But who is listening...or should I say reading? Facebook and other social media, from my perception fulfills my narcisistic need to expound. That's it in a nutshell. Do I care if there is anybody listening, albeit reading? Not really. I don't lose any sleep. But I do get the satisfaction of seeing my visual echo.


I did chance upon this flow chart on the October 2013 issue of Wired magazine... the paper version.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment