Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 2 - (AD 432) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.6 Miles – Tourist Drive, Australia on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

One hour and 10 minutes and 21.6 miles, 34.8 km on my Schwinn 150 this morning. I burned up 658 calories.  I have now clocked 42.7 miles, and that is 68.7 kilometers.


Today I am located on Tourist Drive 12, southwest of Campbelltown in New South Wales. I am about 310 km or about 190 miles from my point goal #2.

And if I were sitting at the fringe about synchronicity for the last, oh about 40-plus years, I certainly can now say that I have stumbled over by what happened to me yesterday. As you know Jim’s Trek III is my virtual trek. It is my dream world of cycling on my Schwinn 150 in Australia. Well weird things, or should I say synchronistic events have been happening.

These coincidences have not been planned. The recipe for cod and kale, à l’Australien, no. I planned that. The movie Newcastle, yes. I chalked that one up to happenstance. But yesterday as I was reading Julia Cameron’s book Walking in This World, second in her The Artist’s Way series, and following my train of thought and daily reading, I turned the page to continue. In each margin on almost every page Cameron has added certain quotes. On page 150, my next page, is the quote “Those who lose dreaming are lost”. And all I could do was laugh out loud when I noticed that the quote was acknowledged “Australian Aboriginal Proverb”. I just laughed. And laughed…and laughed again. Synchronicity? Definitely.


My blood sugar this morning registered in at 89 mg/dl, 4.94 mmol.l. I did not feel like cooking and so I just had some grilled chicken, potato wedges, and coleslaw from KFC. I know that this meal was nothing to write home about but I was just trying to make sure that as I keep my diabetes in check I am making sure that I eat and sample from what may or may not be available.  And I am still diabetes meds-free.

Yes KB, the part that got me to Australia was me treading water continuously each time I paused for a breather. And BR definitely will I let you know as I attempt the perimeter. And thank you SF.

The inner top of our new crocheted afghan Glowing has been completed. Check out Afghans SB for updates shortly. The intricate work of piecing our design and quilt/wall hanging H-1 continues. We're trying to come up it's new name. Follow our progress at Quilts SB.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment